Ok time is approaching very quickly for this event. We have had numerous discussions in the past year and a half for accommodations, for event planning and also for Sat night party. I think those topics have other threads that we can rejoin and not go over in this one again. That being said, what i would like to first cover is why we are doing this. We all as one giant club decided that we needed to have an event once every other year to spend with our extended family somewhere in this vast great country of ours celebrating what we all can get behind, that being old American steel. This year it happens to fall on Fathers day weekend on the lovely West coast.
For anyone reading this as a Road Devil supporter, by all means you are whole heartily welcomed to join in the fun or the ride, that is if you can keep up!! Just get in touch with your local RD chapter and ask.
Now all that being said, I AM NOT asking for #s from each chapter since i know things change all the time, what i want from each of you is getting back to your chapter and sitting together to figure out
1. who is driving and how that chapter can support them. wether its a wrench weekend or whoever is not going pitch in for gas, help those make it to the event, this is what its about....... the journey not the destination!
2. Does your chapter/people going have accommodations for the weekend already? The Hotels that LD worked his ass off to get blocked rooms went fast and no clue who got them or who still can make it, if any cancelations, etc. so please plan for this now. it would be great to have mostly everyone around the same area like we have done in the past to spend all the extra time sitting and drinking the night away.
3. Coordinate with other chapters NOW about routes and times with a breakdown plan in effect. ie can you leave a day early to link up with the next chapter and head out with them, strength in numbers.... never know when you are going to need an new engine (stitches). This also being said, if you need ask So Cal now for other things you might need from them, like a garage to change oil, do tune ups. So Cal- pre plan for this ASAP. We will need something from you, better to have a plan now then last minute mark running around being sexy!!!
4. If you are flying in, are you renting a car? do you know where to go? Do you have an idea of all that is going on that weekend? If your one of the out of country guys, what do you need in terms of American hospitality? Lets hammer that out for you all now. So Cal- step someone up to be an Ambassador with number provided to help these dudes out.... To add to this, if you are flying in, can you fly into a different chapter and ride the way in with them? I know Chris Keller (jimmy from Germany) did that with us, Devils Brigade from NC to Texas and had a blast. So do you have the time to do this?
5. So Cal- esp Josh Stokes- write up an event timeline with possibilities of events starting the week before and some thereafter for the out of country crew. Add places they can find on GPS also, and local hot spots for cars they might not know about that locals only do, we want them to have the full Cali experience, some are paying a shit load of money to make it to this. We as the nation would like to have a meeting on Sat Am if at all possible before the drinking begins. See if you can work this into a place/time.
6. Do you have the availability of doing video shoots along the way and for the weekend? This will help us put something together later on with a little help from our tech savy guys and girls. Also with this, things like routes, miles and states crossed so we can continue to document miles traveled. Also if so desired get with LD about the RD speed division. hahaha
7. Swag/merch and or proposals for the Club. Are you brining anything to the show? I have not talked to LD nor Pat about a shirt design for this year yet, that i will work on now. However think about things to bring/trade for everyone. If you have a proposal on anything you want to address or have a change/vote on please bring it up to one of the 3 of us before hand so we have an idea about it. Like Pat asking for an idea to show your years in the club. pics go a long way.
8. If you are planning on hosting a big event this year or next, it would be a good time to let us know so we might be able to participate. Like Germany for WAR or Australia for Chopped.
i have ranted long enough. Trying to make you all think and plan ahead for this next great chapter in Road Devils history.........
Feel Free to copy and paste to your FB wall for your respected Chapters to pass the info better. I know the forum isn't reviewed by all and we need all to be involved.
Love and Respect to all