Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Road Devils World Run Cali style June 16-18

2017 Road Devils World Run Cali style June 16-18

Ok time is approaching very quickly for this event. We have had numerous discussions in the past year and a half for accommodations, for event planning and also for Sat night party. I think those topics have other threads that we can rejoin and not go over in this one again. That being said, what i would like to first cover is why we are doing this. We all as one giant club decided that we needed to have an event once every other year to spend with our extended family somewhere in this vast great country of ours celebrating what we all can get behind, that being old American steel. This year it happens to fall on Fathers day weekend on the lovely West coast.

For anyone reading this as a Road Devil supporter, by all means you are whole heartily welcomed to join in the fun or the ride, that is if you can keep up!! Just get in touch with your local RD chapter and ask.

Now all that being said, I AM NOT asking for #s from each chapter since i know things change all the time, what i want from each of you is getting back to your chapter and sitting together to figure out
    1. who is driving and how that chapter can support them. wether its a wrench weekend or whoever is not going pitch in for gas, help those make it to the event, this is what its about....... the journey not the destination!

2. Does your chapter/people going have accommodations for the weekend already? The Hotels that LD worked his ass off to get blocked rooms went fast and no clue who got them or who still can make it, if any cancelations, etc. so please plan for this now. it would be great to have mostly everyone around the same area like we have done in the past to spend all the extra time sitting and drinking the night away.

3. Coordinate with other chapters NOW about routes and times with a breakdown plan in effect. ie can you leave a day early to link up with the next chapter and head out with them, strength in numbers.... never know when you are going to need an new engine (stitches). This also being said, if you need ask So Cal now for other things you might need from them, like a garage to change oil, do tune ups. So Cal- pre plan for this ASAP. We will need something from you, better to have a plan now then last minute mark running around being sexy!!!

4. If you are flying in, are you renting a car? do you know where to go? Do you have an idea of all that is going on that weekend? If your one of the out of country guys, what do you need in terms of American hospitality? Lets hammer that out for you all now. So Cal- step someone up to be an Ambassador with number provided to help these dudes out.... To add to this, if you are flying in, can you fly into a different chapter and ride the way in with them? I know Chris Keller (jimmy from Germany) did that with us, Devils Brigade from NC to Texas and had a blast. So do you have the time to do this?

5. So Cal- esp Josh Stokes- write up an event timeline with possibilities of events starting the week before and some thereafter for the out of country crew. Add places they can find on GPS also, and local hot spots for cars they might not know about that locals only do, we want them to have the full Cali experience, some are paying a shit load of money to make it to this. We as the nation would like to have a meeting on Sat Am if at all possible before the drinking begins. See if you can work this into a place/time.

6. Do you have the availability of doing video shoots along the way and for the weekend? This will help us put something together later on with a little help from our tech savy guys and girls. Also with this, things like routes, miles and states crossed so we can continue to document miles traveled. Also if so desired get with LD about the RD speed division. hahaha

7. Swag/merch and or proposals for the Club. Are you brining anything to the show? I have not talked to LD nor Pat about a shirt design for this year yet, that i will work on now. However think about things to bring/trade for everyone. If you have a proposal on anything you want to address or have a change/vote on please bring it up to one of the 3 of us before hand so we have an idea about it. Like Pat asking for an idea to show your years in the club. pics go a long way.

8. If you are planning on hosting a big event this year or next, it would be a good time to let us know so we might be able to participate. Like Germany for WAR or Australia for Chopped.

i have ranted long enough. Trying to make you all think and plan ahead for this next great chapter in Road Devils history.........

Feel Free to copy and paste to your FB wall for your respected Chapters to pass the info better. I know the forum isn't reviewed by all and we need all to be involved.

Love and Respect to all
    ELWOOD
    a.k.a Chris Flynn

Road Devil's National Officer LD39's Avatar
    Whoa, I had to take a bathroom break halfway through that..... Well said though. I agree completely with all the topic's Elwood brought up. Having a well thought out plan is key for this, I know we've said it before but here it is again. LA is a big, dense area with a lot going on this weekend. This is probably one of the largest car shows on the planet so expect total chaos and HUGE crowds everywhere we go.

Regarding accommodations at the onsite Sheraton Fairplex, here is what is still available. These rooms are ours for the taking, the rest of the hotel is sold out. If you were among the original group that requested a room, make your reservation soon. If you did not reserve a room with me please do not take someone else's room. If I find out that you did, I'm sending NorCal into your room one at a time for a drunk tea bag session while you sleep.

Rooms still unreserved:

Wednesday 6/14 - 12 rooms
    Thursday 6/15 - 10 rooms
    Friday 6/16 - 7 rooms
    Saturday 6/17 - 7 rooms
    Sunday 6/18 - 8 rooms

The closest airport to the fairgrounds is Ontario International Airport. This is 15 minutes from the show. It might cost more to fly into but the time saved by not sitting in 2 hours of wonderful LA traffic will be well worth it.

PLEASE DOCUMENT YOUR TRAVELS

Last but not least, this is LA everyone. NO FUCKS ARE GIVEN when it comes to colors. Speaking from personal experience, the police will be nose to nose with you instantly if there is even a whiff of club drama. 1% clubs and gangs are thick in this area, because of this the police are too. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BEHAVE.
    Never forget, here, at home and everywhere in between, the actions of one reflect on all. A big responsibility comes with wearing our gear. A few knuckle heads seem to forget this each World Run, lets put that behind us and have a good time, respectfully.

RDFL
    Last edited by LD39; 03-03-2017 at 09:50 AM.
    National Vice President ROAD DEVILS C.C. OHIO

Also an added side note..

If you think we will be drinking in the hotel parking lots until the wee hours of the night like we did in Kentucky,think again.Like Dave said,this is California and things are handled much differently.Just because we have legal weed doesn't mean its a free for all..Po-Po runs deep out here and has ZERO problem cracking heads.

Be safe and come out for a vacation,or you'll leave on probation...
    =================================================
    President-Road Devils CC Nor-Cal Chapter

Ambassador Of California BigSteve's Avatar
    Regarding point 6, article 2 subpoint B of Elwood's post Video and or photos. I did recently get a new video Drone and although some of the use in public spaces is limited I would like to attempt to use it for group shots of everyone and possibly cars, video and stills. Even a slight chance we can get some driving footage if we can find some quiet open enough areas close. Now that the weather is dry up here I'm dedicating my days off to practicing with that thing more so we can capture some cool stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well flights ,accomadation all booked, there'll be 3 of us coming, staying at the Sheraton, I will be doing a post for people wanting Aussie Road Devils shirts. and anything else some people would like me to bring like Vegemite lol , and I know it will be a hit with some,So looking forward to catching up with new and old members,So see u all soon in a 104 days...........RDFL

Gino Biletic
    VP, Road Devils Australia

Road Devil's Member
    Same here! Everybody is really looking forward to this year's World Run!
    Most of the European and Swiss guys are flying in on June 10th, which is Saturday one week before World Run. Hotels and flights are pretty much booked for everybody.
    I will also be starting a thread soon enough if anybody wants a Switzerland Shirt they can write in there and I'll bring the stuff to World Run.

If anybody booked a room with ld and cant go let me know me and the wife where going to camper it across the states but where still driving out but no camper hoteling it out

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    Beep beep

Road Devil's Member Joe LeCoupe's Avatar

2017 Road Devils World Run Cali style June 16-18

If you are driving a car into the show. Pre register. Do not do day of, so we can stay together and park all by each other.

Please pre register. Go to the main LARS website. Print and mail in asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Joe LeCoupe; 04-10-2017 at 08:22 AM.

will do a.s.a.p.

I like how John takes over the show from the LA Roadsters and immediately doubles the price for regular cars,No more free entrance for painted Roadsters and ups the fee for Spectators.For 60+ years it was never about money,now all of a sudden it is..Thanks Mr Buck for making this show a Good Guys event :(
    =================================================
    President-Road Devils CC Nor-Cal Chapter