Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New project..Nikki's Roadster..

Road Devil's Member
    Looking good! Gotta get over there and see that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We ran into a few problems the last couple of weeks. The Zephyr rear end needed to be serviced, so to save time I took it to an old timer near my house. It wasn't as bad as we had thought, but all the bearings and races needed to be replaced as well as the pinion gear. Because the Lincoln stuff is much larger than Ford products of the same era,and the fact its somewhat scarce,The parts were quadruple the price of ford parts.That being said,the hunt was on for a Ford V8 banjo.Finding a good one for a good price proved harder than I thought.Ed turned me on to a Model A rear for cheaper than cheap.I'll use that until we find a V8 rear...
    Eric from the Detroit chapter hooked us up with a nice Edmunds dual intake.Nikki got to work shining it back up.. It sure looks good with the new carbs and the Weiand heads.I'll polish them up to match the intake soon..
    =================================================
    President-Road Devils CC Nor-Cal Chapter

Today I cleaned up the new rear end and painted it up.It looks like it will be a direct fit,so no shortening the torque tube and shaft or relocating the rear bones.
    I got the F1 pedals and master bolted up and i'm in the process of figuring out linkage for the clutch at the moment.Next i'll start running the lines for the brakes and get that out of the way.Once thats accomplished, it will be time to have the guys come over and help me put the body on I could figure out the steering box and column placement.
    Once everything is set up, the body will come back off and go to paint.One of my old buddies from my Lowrider days is going to lay down the hues while my interior guy(also from my Lowrider days) Will be taking care of the hides..Nikki changed her mind on the paint and will be going with a darker color instead of the light blue she had originally wanted..

I'll have some more photos for you guys in the next week :)

Road Devil's Member Brian_RDeurope's Avatar
    thanks Ed for keep it running here. waiting for more pix :)

We put the trans on the motor the other day and I helped Nicole install it back in the chassis..The rear is also back in.I bought a dropped axle,so i'll be installing that and tweaking the rear spring next.But its a roller once again and we are ready to put the body on next week..

Wow, this build looks great! Real old skool home build! Might even be ready for the wold run!

Plugging right along..

We got hit with some news last week.After 19 years in this house,we have to move.I'm not looking forward to moving,but now more than ever,I need to get this thing finished before the time comes..

Steering and firing the motor are next on the list.

IMG_7955.jpg

IMG_7950.jpg

IMG_7952.jpg

Sean hooked us up with an F1 steering box.I cut off the old flange ang mated it up to another one so it would bolt in a Model A frame..

IMG_7990.jpg

Little Ed welding it up..

IMG_7997.jpg

Rebuit time..

IMG_8003.jpg

Its back in..along with the column..

IMG_8007.jpg

I still have to get the pitman arm set and a drag link whipped up,but steering was one of the things I was worried about..

In the next week or so,I will be putting the motor together and get it ready to fire..Hopefully I can have it ready to drive by the end of May..

Its been a while since an update.Moving is finished up,World Run has came and went so now its time to jump back on this heap...

We got the engine/trans set in for good and got it all back together.Nikki learned how to make her own spark plug wires and installed the heads and intake..

IMG_8777.jpg

IMG_8776.JPG
    While some girls Twerk,mine Torques..

I installed the 39 taillights and mounted the plate.I also got some stuff painted up and back on..

IMG_8772.JPG

IMG_8774.JPG