Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slant Six 6 build

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_RDeurope View Post
    is there a heating plate kind of thing btw the intake and the outtake ?
    what kinda holley is it (holley #) ?
    No, there isn't a plate between the two. There used to be on the original setup and most of the ones I have seen always freeze up. If they freeze up when the motor is hot, it can have a tendency to vapor lock the carb. I took mine out years ago, because the exhaust manifold was cracked and gave me a reason to replace it. I used Clifford headers that are made to fit a jeep. The intake is an aluminum offenhauser 4 barrel square port. The carb is a Holley 4160 adjustable float 390 cfm. I like it because I can tweak it once I get the motor back on the road.
    President
    Boston Chapter
    Road Devils CC

Road Devil's Member Rob Caldwell's Avatar
    HELL YEAH! Ma Mopar!!! Really digging the build Justin! SO what all did you do to the leaning tower of power? Dont keep it a secret. Lets start with the head, how much did you mill off? .100 or so? did you end up running SBC valves in the heads? What was the final comp ratio? and the specs on that Crower cam please? was it in the neighborhood of .480 / .500 lift at the valve with the stock 1.5 rockers and 220 to 240 duration with a healthy 108 or better LSA? That motor should be good for 275 to 300ish horse power all day which is really respectable considering 340s in 68 only put out 275 turned way the fuck up!

It all looks killer bud, I can wait to see it in person and hear it!

Shit I almost forgot, while your at it go through and overhaul that 904, its super cheap to build....... less than 250$ for all new Alto red frictions, Kolene steels, kevlar front band and a shift kit that will really wake it up! The kits come with directions and all you need aside from basic hand tools is snap ring pliers and a 10-100 inlb torque wrench to set the front band and honestly you can do it without it.
    Last edited by Rob Caldwell; 01-12-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Here's some Slant Six port for you

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rob, Love it!
    President
    Boston Chapter
    Road Devils CC

Crower Cam Specs

Rocker Ratio - 1.5
    Advertised Duration - Intake and Exhaust 264 degrees
    Intake Lift - .423
    Exhaust Lift - .423

Cam degree information @ .050" Tappet Lift

Intake - Opens @ 0 degree BTDC, Closes @ 36 degrees ABDC
    Exhaust - Opens @ 44 degrees BBDC, Closes -8 degrees ATDC
    Duration @ .050" Intake and Exhaust @ 216 degrees
    Lobe Center 112
    Intake Lobe Lift .282
    Exhaust Lobe Lift .282
    President
    Boston Chapter
    Road Devils CC

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Caldwell View Post
    Lets start with the head, how much did you mill off? .100 or so? did you end up running SBC valves in the heads? What was the final comp ratio? and the specs on that Crower cam please? was it in the neighborhood of .480 / .500 lift at the valve with the stock 1.5 rockers and 220 to 240 duration with a healthy 108 or better LSA? That motor should be good for 275 to 300ish horse power all day which is really respectable considering 340s in 68 only put out 275 turned way the fuck up!

It all looks killer bud, I can wait to see it in person and hear it!

Shit I almost forgot, while your at it go through and overhaul that 904, its super cheap to build....... less than 250$ for all new Alto red frictions, Kolene steels, kevlar front band and a shift kit that will really wake it up! The kits come with directions and all you need aside from basic hand tools is snap ring pliers and a 10-100 inlb torque wrench to set the front band and honestly you can do it without it.
    Rob I laid some of the specs out in the first post, but to answer you directly.

We took .060" off the head, ported the head, cut and installed hardened valve seats, custom SI valves 1.700 Intake, 1.44 Exhaust. The valve seals were cut to accept positive seals. Comp double valve springs and solid lifters to match the cam.

The block was milled .100" and punched .060" over.

I am running a '76 A833 3+1 overdrive 4 speed behind this and beefing up the 8-3/4 rear end. I am stoked your stoked about it. I cannot wait to hear this beast run.
    President
    Boston Chapter
    Road Devils CC

Very nice!

So now it's a 233 cu/in leaning tower of power. What is your new compression ratio? I'm assuming the reason you took .100 off the block was to zero deck the Pistons with a flat top piston and the .060 off the heads was to shrink the combustion chamber cc's to bump the compression up to somewhere in the neighborhood of 9.5:1 or close to 10:1.

With the bigger valves and 264 duration .423 lift solid cam should be a fun to drive with that 4speed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Caldwell View Post
    Very nice!

So now it's a 233 cu/in leaning tower of power. What is your new compression ratio? I'm assuming the reason you took .100 off the block was to zero deck the Pistons with a flat top piston and the .060 off the heads was to shrink the combustion chamber cc's to bump the compression up to somewhere in the neighborhood of 9.5:1 or close to 10:1.

With the bigger valves and 264 duration .423 lift solid cam should be a fun to drive with that 4speed!

Yup your almost right on around 9.7-1 final ratio and if I did the math right we should be around 233 cu in. We had .137" to zero deck and we went a little conservative at .100". But taking .160" overall (head and block combined) is pretty ridiculous for this motor. We had some fun and now I'll admit I want to build another, either twin turbo or blown.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    President
    Boston Chapter
    Road Devils CC

Look into getting an Aussi hemi-6, the big one is 265 cu/in, they have more main bearings and are tougher blocks perfect for forced induction!

We have an Australian chapter........

https://www.google.com/search?q=265+...qnle_0vn7qM%3A

https://youtu.be/c9xNYBHXwEo