Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad News: We lost a great brother today.

Bad News: We lost a great brother today.

I wanted you all to hear it from me straight.

Today Josh Burnette from the Devils Brigade took his own life. Ever since he was wounded in Afghanistan and lost his legs, he has had a long long battle with his inner and outer demons. He was one of my best friends and one of the best straight forward guys you would ever come across, i write this with tears in my eyes to think of the words to describe this man. For those that had the privilege of meeting him at both world runs, he always had a smile on his face and was always one to pour you a shot of fireball. He always had a good time with you all at the events he went to, shit Geoff and i signed him out of the hospital to take him up to Del Val's eagle drags to give him his jacket!!!! I don't know what else to say to you all about him. i cant think straight. I am not sure how many of you all know or have seen on FB that military vets have a high suicide rate. So you might see the 22 pushups thing, meaning on average 22 service personnel take their own lives everyday. We cant let this continue.

What i am asking you all to do is, knowing this is the holiday times and VERY lonely for some, is to call your loved ones, your friends, your family, your brothers and sisters in this club NOT JUST YOUR CHAPTER, get to know and rekindle the bond that we all need. Communication solves alot of the problems that we have. As Big Steve puts it, HUG LIFE. Some people need more than you will ever know.

I am getting on a plane here in Dubai in a few hours to come home. As i find out more about any services for him i will let you all know.
    ELWOOD
    a.k.a Chris Flynn

I love you Brother..
    =================================================
    President-Road Devils CC Nor-Cal Chapter

Road Devil's Member Joe LeCoupe's Avatar
    Well said and so sad. Never had the chance to meet him, except for he one time we PM each other when I was made official.
    Anything I can do please let me knwo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a tough call to get this morning, given personal things in my own life. He's and his family are in my thoughts . If any one ever needs to talk hit me up brothers. ����

This is so sad! I tried to get in touch with Josh when I visited Florida in November, but got no reply from him... Didīnt get a chance to cheer him up... RIP Josh

Road Devil's Member
    This is such terrible news. I never had the opportunity to meet Josh, but I heard lots of good about him. To his family and all of you who knew him, my heart goes out to you all.

If anyone should want to talk, my number is (774) 994-1126. I'll always be here for you all.

Much love.

Road Devil's Member Hillbillywill's Avatar
    RIP brother Josh.

Road Devil's Member Shoeboxcurly's Avatar
    Never got the oppertunity to meet him personaly but have herd great things from those that did. Thoughts and prays to his family and close loved ones. May he rest in paradise.
    Road Devils
    Texas
    HAVE YOU EVER DANCED WITH A DEVIL IN THE PAIL MOON LIGHT

Such bad news,our thoughts are with everyone that has been touch by Josh,I did have the pleasure to meeting Josh at the First World ,if only for a short time, and was looking forward to the next World Run to catch up but sadly this wont happen .

Like Elwood has said reach out to the people that are close and far because you never know how long we are here for....and listen ,you never know that time you listen could be the time that can change someone's life....

To Elwood condolences on your loss of your friend, and brother..

So from us Downunder Condolences to Brotherhood and Family....RDFL

Gino Biletic

President

ROAD DEVILS
    Australia
    Last edited by Aussie 57; 12-13-2016 at 07:10 PM. Reason: wording

Road Devil's Member
    Well said Elwood, RIP Mr. Burnette

Myself, my wife and kids all had the honor of meeting Josh at the Texas world run in 2013. First thing he did when we met was pour me a shot of Fireball....lol. i Remember him always smiling and having a good time....i was heartbroken when i found out this morning.

if you happen to be in a tough spot.....call me 714-863-3333