Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Race Of Gentlemen West

The Race Of Gentlemen West

Well,the first(and maybe the last) Race of Gentlemen on the West Coast is in the books.Joe and I finally got to do a few passes despite Mama Nature trying to wash us out.

Gino came over from Austrailia,Big Steve and Prospect Ed from Nor Cal,and Big Mark and Kevin came up to support us..

We had a great time once we made it on the beach(3 hrs late).Bad weather,high tides and shitty conditions of the sand created a delay,but we were determined to get those passes in..

Heres a link to a dropbox I put together for everyone.Tons of photos and a few videos..Enjoy

RDFL
    =================================================
    President-Road Devils CC Nor-Cal Chapter

great pictures Ed, sorry i missed it.

Road Devil's Member Brian_RDeurope's Avatar
    already love that tshirt sand beard pic !!!! go to the dropbox now :)

Road Devil's National Officer LD39's Avatar
    Ed, thanks for doing what you do brother. The energy and enthusiasum that you bring to the table is and should be an inspiration to us all. I think what you and Joe did is what this is all about, the hell with the weather. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but everytime we have fun. Getting out there on the beach and pushing the cars against stiff era correct competition is priceless, CHEERS to both of you.

On a side note, I've heard some silly buzz about haters of TROG. I'm a little confused about this. Having gone to NJ and bench raced TROG west, I can't find anything to complain about. In my opinion it was one of the most fun and unique events of it's kind. It's definately one of those events where seeing is believeing. Just looking for a little clarity on this....
    National Vice President ROAD DEVILS C.C. OHIO

I know what you mean about the naysayers. Those are the same people that come to car shows in their mothers Honda in their 50s style clothes claiming that their car is being built in their garage.I still don't understand why these people say the event is full of hipsters and people that are trying to hard to be cool. The only people I saw that I can consider a hipster were in the crowds.The people who were there to race, were there to do just that. I didn't see one car there that wasn't built by the guy who was driving it..Hard! Sure, there's the "superstar" social media Hot rodders that everybody sees online and in magazines, but even those guys and gals were there to do one thing, kick ass. Until you have experienced this event first hand, not in the stands, but on that fucking beach, these people should keep their fucking mouth shut. Everyone has their opinion on events like this but like I said until you've done it yourself, you have no idea what it's like to blast down the beach next to someone just like you who is there for the same reason. Anyone who knows me, knows that I could care less about the reenactment atmosphere. I'm there to put my bucket a bolts to the test and see what others can do .

I will say this, don't always believe what you see on the Internet and on TV. The guy that I raced for the first time, was on J Leno's garage about a month ago. They went on and on about how fast the guys model T is.I lined up with him thinking he was going to take me, but after the first 30 feet I blasted right past his fucking ass and left them behind. So much for J Leno's commentary.

Road Devil's Member Joe LeCoupe's Avatar
    It was such a great time. Everyone was stoked wet smelled like a combo of a wet dog, sand and high octane fuel.... loved every second. And came home with a new ride. Coupe is gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Road Devil's National Officer LD39's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe LeCoupe View Post
    It was such a great time. Everyone was stoked wet smelled like a combo of a wet dog, sand and high octane fuel.... loved every second. And came home with a new ride. Coupe is gone

Well, well, well, you just can't keep a good man down! Onto bigger and better things. This takes balls Joe! Good luck with the new wheels. I might be a little biased but I approve of it's badge. NY boy for life ova ere! So stoked that you two were involved. Don't forget 2019, It'll be our destination. RD World Run takes over TROG East!
    National Vice President ROAD DEVILS C.C. OHIO

I'll be ready to drive this on the street in a month