Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 GNRS, Suede Palace Club Pick and Club Entry

Road Devil's Member

2016 GNRS, Suede Palace Club Pick and Club Entry

Great show again. This year the Road Devils were represented in the Suede Palace by Joe's red, 1930 Model A Coupe, running a banger motor with a racing history.

Here is our club trophy, I have to admit this trophy was Joe's idea and it came out great. He had Von Hot Rod letter and stripe the trophy, after the lettering was agreed on, Joe handled it from beginning to end.

Here's a horrible picture I took of Von Hot Rod with the trophy......I cant believe the reflection landed where it did...lol

Von Hot Rod is a hell of a guy!

Last edited by Mark_SocalRD; 02-04-2016 at 03:32 AM.

Road Devil's Member

These Jerry can/tool/whatnot cans can be ordered and striped from Von Hot Rod......these are pretty damn cool, we were talking about some for each of the So Cal members.

Our Club Pick for the GNRS Suede Palace this year was a 1935 ford Pick up truck. Owned since 1940 by the Reed Family, its been raced, shown and driven up and down the west coast and up to British Columbia, the Reeds have racked up over 150,000 miles on this this 35. This is the first award it has won since 1969.....bitchin truck.

Last edited by Mark_SocalRD; 02-04-2016 at 04:08 AM.

Road Devil's Member

Road Devil's Member

Road Devil's Member

Road Devil's Member

Road Devil's Member
    Here area a couple aluminum bodies my buddies dads Dennis Webb hammered out/recreated that I mentioned in another post. These were displayed in one of the buildings at GNRS

this is the Ralph Schenk Streamliner. this set speed records on the dry lakes in 1938 running a banger motor. the inner tube framing is original, some of the drive train....and I believe the frame are original. the body was recreated by Dennis Webb, I was lucky enough to be able to see it, and take my son to see it when the body was being fabricated in 2010...or 2011 or so. Amazing piece of history

Random suede palace pic

Last edited by Mark_SocalRD; 02-04-2016 at 04:11 AM.

Road Devil's Member

Road Devil's National Officer LD39's Avatar
    Everything here is spot on!! Thanks for posting and updating everyone the way you do Mark. The Club Pick is an excellent example of what we're all about and how important documentation is.
    National Vice President ROAD DEVILS C.C. OHIO

Thanks for posting Mark, definately another show on my bucket list, great choice for the club pick, love it when there's some cool history attached