Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford wagon

Road Devil's Member

Ford wagon

I have been searching for a 50s Ford wagon for my family for along time, one finally showed up cheap, and i got it to an even fairer price for what it is.
    My soon to be cruiser:
    1958 Country Sedan Wagon... 332FE, 3-speed with OD.

Outside has been fairly nicely refinished (maybe over a bit if rust, given what the underside looks like.
    Gonna have to patch the entire floor, but the owner is giving me floor pans and kick panels. So after a a lot of underbody cleanup, and some interior work it will be really nice., mist importantly, shortly it will be a driver And i'll be back on the road.

Any words of advice in these from anyone with firsthand experience? things to keep an eye on or any mist have upgrades? This is both my first 50s ford, and first big block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a sweet looking wagon there!! Anything ford motors and things, u would want to talk to Rabbit in Chicago. He knows fords!!! And you may want to list what you want from this car, daily driver, cruiser...etc disc brakes, power steering things like that, things like that. Start out by getting the body straight and solid and safe then go after the drivetrain!!!! Goodluck!!!
    Boston RDCC

Road Devil's Member
    It's going I be a family driver, not really a daily, but I don't like to build anything that's not dependable, otherwise I am just always working on it instead of using it.
    So down the line discs up front is probably on the list, as is potentially a swap to an Auto-trans (slim chance), again it's to be a comfortable family car that's fun to drive.

I'm tempted just to build a second Fe to swap into it later, (390 maybe) but that will be down the line.

I can find my way around an SBF easy, and have built a few assorted 6's over the years, but the FE will be new to me on this one. But at first glance there seems to be no shortage of parts or info, it's not a Y-Block after all ;)

nice wagon" parents had one ,,,went well,,,miss it"

Good looking wagon and a big block to boot

I'm hoping to have my wagon on the road this year fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Boston RDCC

What a nice Wagon man... they pretty rare over here !

Road Devil's Member Rob Caldwell's Avatar
    56 firedone wagon.jpg
    Very sweet score! I have always wanted a 56 Desoto Firedome Wagon but they are super hard to find on the east coast!

Road Devil's National Officer LD39's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott39 View Post
    That's a sweet looking wagon there!! Anything ford motors and things, u would want to talk to Rabbit in Chicago. He knows fords!!! And you may want to list what you want from this car, daily driver, cruiser...etc disc brakes, power steering things like that, things like that. Start out by getting the body straight and solid and safe then go after the drivetrain!!!! Goodluck!!!
    YUP, thats what crossed my mind when I read this, OR El Presidente PAT. Both are excellent old Ford resources.
    National Vice President ROAD DEVILS C.C. OHIO

Road Devil's Member
    Thanks all. Slowly and steadily I am getting done work done. Still patching up the poor patchwork the POs had done to the flooring. But even without a solid floor I've been cruising it a bit and enjoying it on a few quick drives to town. I'm happy with the starting condition, although for sure it's all going to get a going trough eventually.