Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ay! New blood from ATX USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_SocalRD View Post
    Nice!...it will haul ass for sure. i was running a hopped up 725 Holley on a similar motor....took it off and put a 600 DP Holley on it. went from around 10 mpg's to 14/15 mpg.

but it looks like you're built for speed, so mpgs probably not a concern......looking good man

and you can get Holleys for cheap!.....i feel bad sometimes...but oh well
    YES SIR!!! SPEED ALL THE WAY! Hahaha I love Holleys.. once you know how to tune them right, they're an amazing carburetor.
    I was running a 670 street avenger with 68/75 jets and I had similar MPG as you said with my 3.42 gears and smaller cam/less compression.

I LOVE this 750 HP.. it's a very very responsive carb.. but with my 3.73s and 3000 stall and 73/78 jets it's not exactly fuel efficient lol

Yeah.. not exactly a fuel efficient set up hahaha
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    welcome to the forum Chris
    Thanks Wally!! I'm glad I'm here.... so when are some of the AUSTIN TEXAS boys gonna meet up?? I'd like to cruise out.

Road Devil's Member Brian_RDeurope's Avatar
    next show will be Dallas Invasion; u can look it up on the RDTX blog
    cruisewise every once in a while and played by ear. where are u in ATX ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_RDeurope View Post
    next show will be Dallas Invasion; u can look it up on the RDTX blog
    cruisewise every once in a while and played by ear. where are u in ATX ?
    Nice, I'm gonna have to get on that blog a bit and see what's up.
    I'm in north Austin off I-35 about 3 or 4 minutes south of Pflugerville.

I'm looking at your '60 Buick wagon on the RDTX forum, Brian... that is bad ass! Man I love wagons. I bet that's one hell of a cruiser, especially for the Kentucky run y'all just did recently. Any mods/upgrades done to it? Or is it pretty well stock?

And dammit I just realized the day of the drags was last weekend...... I wanted to run my 50 Chevy.
    Last edited by HeavyChevyDeluxxx; 08-07-2015 at 01:56 PM.

yeah that seems pretty common these days that people just notice thing when they are over. how did you get access to that forum and who brought you in?

yeah that seems pretty common these days that people just notice thing when they are over. how did you get access to that forum and who brought you in?
    I'm going to school right now and I've been busy as hell with summer classes and completely overlooked the day of the drags... oh well. Next year!

Mo Par (Rob Caldwell) used to roll with some of the guys from the Fayetteville N.C. chapter when I was stationed out there, Rob is one of my buds. We used to give each other a hand wrenchin' here and there.

He's the one who got me into this forum.

As far as the RDTX forum.. I just followed the link on your signature and looked around, it didn't have me log in or anything, I was just taking a look at the members on the right hand column of the page.

ah ok. I met Rob at the worldrun this year and his bad ass Coupe. there is one more guy here in the Austin area. we should do a cruise soon. I personally prefer that over carshows. you can txt me your number and I will let you know. 903 944 9559
    not sure when bc time is always short, unfortunately.

ah ok. I met Rob at the worldrun this year and his bad ass Coupe. there is one more guy here in the Austin area. we should do a cruise soon. I personally prefer that over carshows. you can txt me your number and I will let you know. 903 944 9559
    not sure when bc time is always short, unfortunately.
    Hell yeah that's a bad ass '50 Wayfarer he has.. you should of seen it with the 4.10s and the built up 440 stroker! That was a torque monster.

Yeah man I get bored as shit at shows.. I like rolling around, stopping at places for beers/food and what have you. That's the whole point of having/building these cars anyway: DRIVE THEM!

I'll text you real quick, and just let me know when you get a chance. It's the same way with me here in terms of finding time, school is driving me insane. It would be cool to get a cruise going though.