Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ay! New blood from ATX USA.

Ay! New blood from ATX USA.

Hey everyone! I'm Chris, I go by Chris. I have a 1950 Chevy Fleetline Deluxe, a 4 Door slab of 65 year old American steel with a moderately home grown 355 SBC (yeah I know, so does everyone else). I'm from College Station, Texas originally, but moved out here to ATX after I got out of the Marine Corps about a year ago. I like motors n shit. I also like punk rock and long walks on the beach.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HeavyChevyDeluxxx; 07-26-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Welcome and greetings..............

Road Devil's Member Joe LeCoupe's Avatar
    Nice ouctures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Road Devil's Member
    Welcome to the boards.....what kind of holley are you gonna put on that motor.

welcome from Norway, cool ride :-)

Road Devil's Member Blue Eyed Devil's Avatar
    Welcome to the party man. Quite a few military vets and old punk rockers around here as well. Car looks like it is coming along...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_SocalRD View Post
    Welcome to the boards.....what kind of holley are you gonna put on that motor.
    I already have a 750 HP slapped on there, I just don't have a good pic of the motor in it's current state, but I will get one this weekend.

The carb is a little bigger than I'd like, I was looking at a QFT Q-Series 650 until I came across an older 750 HP main body with metering blocks and base plate for $100, didn't even need to be rebuilt.. just needed some fuel bowls and it was ready to run!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HeavyChevyDeluxxx; 07-27-2015 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Eyed Devil View Post
    Welcome to the party man. Quite a few military vets and old punk rockers around here as well. Car looks like it is coming along...
    Hell yeah that's what I like to hear!!

Yeah she's getting there.. one thing at a time as I get the cash. Just put in 3.73 posi (even though it's got the small 28 spline GM 7.5" rear) and did a 10 gallon aluminum fuel cell with 8AN hoses/fittings all over. EVENTUALLY I'm going to get the hood back on, but I kinda screwed it up when I attempted to weld the seam beneath the trim strip for a cleaner look-- problem is I suck at welding and used a stick welder lol. So, once I can afford a MIG that's gonna be put back on.

In the future I want to swap the flat tapper for a roller and get a 5 speed in there. I don't really like this TH400 much, especially on the highway. 3300 rpm to do 70mph gets old quick.
    Last edited by HeavyChevyDeluxxx; 07-27-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Road Devil's Member
    Nice!...it will haul ass for sure. i was running a hopped up 725 Holley on a similar motor....took it off and put a 600 DP Holley on it. went from around 10 mpg's to 14/15 mpg.

but it looks like you're built for speed, so mpgs probably not a concern......looking good man

and you can get Holleys for cheap!.....i feel bad sometimes...but oh well

welcome to the forum Chris