Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 50 Dodge business coupe

Road Devil's Member
    That's a mean looking machine. Great work!

Road Devil's Member Rob Caldwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buick Zombie View Post
    That's a mean looking machine. Great work!
    Thanks bud! T by is winter I'm gonna take it off the road and redo the trunk and relocate the fuel cell, one of these days I'd like to paint her but I'd rather drive the 50 everywhere and not worry about it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brisket View Post
    Love those business coupes. Like what you've done with it.
    Appreciate it bud, if you like it now just wait till I finish 25 and I have that driving around on the road so I can take the 50 off and make it even more fun to drive!

So I decided to redo the trunk configuration on the old 50. Re mounted the fuel cell underneath the trunk made a bunch of aluminum brackets to mount all the air ride stuff. I have half of the floor mocked up. Now I will actually be able to use the trunk as a trunk!

Finally got the floor done!

Well I cant seem to leave well enough alone, soo I decided to pull the engine I had and sell the short block and go with another combination for the 50. If anyone remembers the World Run, I have had trans oil leaks since I blew the second engine at Steel in Motion 2014. The trans has had a front bearing alignment problem since then and I said if I pulled the motor/ trans again a 4 speed was going in so... now one is.
    Ive got a good running 335 hp 383/ 4 speed out of a 68 Roadrunner that will be the basis for the drivetrain. I have several parts left over from a few different engines but the basic build will be a billet bottom end with a girdle in either 383, 432, or 496 cubic inches, aluminum heads, full hyd roller valve train with similar specs as the 69 1/2 440 6BBL cam and of course the Holley 6BBL trio. Ill also be running a external swinging oil pickup and filter setup along with some type of vacuum assisted crank case venation/ puke tank. Blow proof bell, hyd clutch, and a 18 spline trans with Hurst shifter. I am also going to switch up the rear gear and run either a 3.91:1 or 2.94:1 posi rear..... probably the 2.94 for the World Run.

Last but not least the airbags are coming off and im planning on just doing a static drop with adjustable coil overs so if anyone is interested in a air ride set up let me know. Its all less than three years old, Accuair E-Level air management system with the four corner leveling sensors, Ridetech "Big Red" vlaves, twin Viair 444c compressors, 5 gal tank, Firestone 224c bags, all the 3/8 dot line you could ever need and all high quality SMC brass fittings. Also have spare press transducer and relays, all the electronics are set up on relays and fused, I didn't cut any corners on this stuff. Will be posting on craigslist this week and possibly evilbay as will, PM if you or know of anyone interested.