Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Jalopy Showdown Drags/Rodders Journal - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jalopy Showdown Drags/Rodders Journal

There's a confusing website at www.jalopyshowdown.com. It's simpler just to map the directions to Beaver Springs Dragway.

I'm not sure about hotels in the area. It's pretty much out in the middle of nowhere. The PA crew always camps out right in the pit area at the track. We're hoping to get on the road between 4 and 5 on Friday and get up there before dark. Anyone coming from the south is welcome to meet up at my place and we can all drive up together.

Camping is free, just bring your own gear. Be prepared for cold temps over night and waking up to open exhaust and a hangover in the morning.

Call me at 717 855-0087 if you have problems, but be warned that cell reception in that area can be spotty.
    aka: Brad Lehman
    President: Road Devils CC Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Antiwork View Post
    There's a confusing website at www.jalopyshowdown.com. It's simpler just to map the directions to Beaver Springs Dragway.

I'm not sure about hotels in the area. It's pretty much out in the middle of nowhere. The PA crew always camps out right in the pit area at the track. We're hoping to get on the road between 4 and 5 on Friday and get up there before dark. Anyone coming from the south is welcome to meet up at my place and we can all drive up together.

Camping is free, just bring your own gear. Be prepared for cold temps over night and waking up to open exhaust and a hangover in the morning.

Call me at 717 855-0087 if you have problems, but be warned that cell reception in that area can be spotty.
    That's the info I needed. We should be there before dark and we are planning to camp. We can camp both Friday and Saturday nights correct?
    President
    Boston Chapter
    Road Devils CC

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    That's the info I needed. We should be there before dark and we are planning to camp. We can camp both Friday and Saturday nights correct?
    Correct.

There is a normal weekly program running at the track Friday night and Sunday as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Antiwork View Post
    Correct.

There is a normal weekly program running at the track Friday night and Sunday as well...
    Ok awesome. Sounds like a good time, can't wait to see you gents this weekend. I'll text you when we are leaving Friday afternoon.
    President
    Boston Chapter
    Road Devils CC

It fills my heart with joy knowing all of you knuckleheads will be joining us. Bring plenty of provisions, as it can get cold and lonely at night. Mud shouldn't be an issue this year as it hasn't rained in a while, but a back up pair of kicks isn't a bad idea. The forecast looks pretty awesome thus far, so we should have some great weather for camping and racing. Just in case any of you have trouble getting in contact with Brad, here's my number as backup. 484-213-2802.

See you all on Friday.
    Jack
    Treasurer
    Pennsylvania Chapter

prospect
    The physical address for the Beaver Springs Dragstrip is

109 Racetrack Ln
    Beaver Springs, PA 17812

I know at past events I heard of some confusion with the address for Beaver Springs because the dragstrip use to be a small airport back in day and for some GPS devices and maps the address is showing up as a small airport but have no fear the address is correct and there is a dragstip there.
    Hears what the entrance to the track looks like

So as long as you see the sign and the stone driveway your at the right place. IF your arriving after dark its no problem because the gate is always open there. Just continue past the entrance booth and drive past the left side of the big garage and follow that all the way to the back of the pits and youll know your at the right place because you cant go any farther or you head out on the return lane to the end of the strip. Everyone will be at the back of the pits with the big green Army tent. That will be hard to miss so youll know your in the right place.

Correction. There will be no army tent. There will be an easy up with the PA banner on it though.

If arriving after dark, look for the giant bonfire also.

Sounds good! See you guys in the evening.
    President
    Boston Chapter
    Road Devils CC

Geoff and i left fayetteville yesterday and stopped the night in DC to pick up Josh B. he was at walter reed having more surgeries and work done on him (we are trying to hot rod out his legs!!). Getting up now and hitting the road for the last bit to come to the event. I Brought Joshs jacket with us and we plan to give him his full jacket at the showdown!!! So he will be around all his brothers when we do it, felt like it would be more special this way!!!
    ELWOOD
    a.k.a Chris Flynn

That is awesome he is getting his full patch! Josh is a good dude! Y'all have fun in PA!
    ***previously owned by a nymphomaniac who only used the back seat***
    Mikie "Moonshine" Merritt