Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WORLD RUN LOGISTICS 2015 june 18th - 20th

WORLD RUN LOGISTICS 2015 june 18th - 20th

Alright guys, just got off the plane from Switzerland so still jet lagged from hell but going to try and type this out one more time since my other computer crashed on me halfway thru it. This is the logistics only, ie hotel rooms, events, whats needed, airports, etc. Please do not start adding in things like, i think i will come out maybe, lets keep it to the hard facts. I have to lean hard on the Ohio guys to tell us these things since they have been to it before.

If you can help out please help to make this happen and time is creeping up on all of us for this and worse for the overseas guys that need to take time off work now and get plane tickets. Also so you know, just 2 weekends later is the big show we have in the south (Heavy Rebel Weekender) if anyone is staying around the USA for a while.

1. L.D. can you get block rooms at the hotel you talked about. We can start with 10 rooms if that is easier or however you handled it last time. Just want to get that nailed in now.

2. Airports for anyone flying in. Like it has been stated Nashville Tennessee is the closest international. There are others around also. research bowling green, Kentucky. However, if you long distance guys want to ride in with Detroit or Ohio or DB to get some old car time loving in, well try and get up with them!!!!

3. camping out portion. Who has what in terms of grills, extra cooking stuff, tents and or bringing an RV. With that showers and what not. I am going to see if we can find an old army tent (with ac) to bring up, so i will keep you posted on that.

4. I think with the camp out area we should try and make a compound out of it. Bring your own chairs and some tables. (ideas?) that way we can all have a good place to hangout and have a meeting.

5. other events going on during the weekend or week prior and after. close by museums or other attractions.

6. Tell me what i missed, but if you want to post that you are coming do it on this thread. http://www.roaddevils.com/forum2/sho...ighlight=World

lets keep this bare bones as much good info as we can and start making plans for the event.
    ELWOOD
    a.k.a Chris Flynn

Road Devil's National Officer LD39's Avatar
    Time to start thinking about this FOLKS!

With the first reunion fading into a blurry haze and the next reunion less then a year away, its time to plan. We stayed at the Countryside Inn & Suites in Austin Texas and as it turns out, there is the same hotel about seven miles from the site of the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green Kentucky. The management took very good care of us in Texas and it sounds like the location in KY will be no different.

After speaking with them and describing our clan to them, this is what they offered:

Prices on a block of 20-30 rooms the weekend of June 18-20, 2015:

$90 per night, standard room, 2 queens (32 available) or 1 king (7 available) both include pullout sofas
    Regular price is $109 per night.

$100 per night, suite, 2 queens or 1 king, both include pullout sofas and living rooms
    Regular price is $129 per night.

We have TWO WEEKS to get it together and make reservations to lock in these prices.

NOW, there are many other hotels in the area and there is also a really big campsite at the show for those that want to bring tents. There are also 3 RV's available to rent at the campsite for $200 per night.

I know some people want to camp and some people want hotel rooms. I suggest that who ever camps, get there early enough to stake out enough space so we can all camp together. Likewise, lets all stay in the same hotel. It makes coordinating everyone a lot easier, its a lot of fun and it'll save everyone some $$$.
    National Vice President ROAD DEVILS C.C. OHIO

Awesome!! we have a start!! now keep it coming!!
    ELWOOD
    a.k.a Chris Flynn

Camping, can't wait.
    Sgt. at Arms
    Boston RDCC
    Is minic a brhis beal duine a shorn.

Here's what I'd like to happen.

ALL PRESIDENTS OF ALL CHAPTERS

Contact every member in your chapter and find out who's planning on going, how many are coming with them (family/friends) and where they're staying.

This will make my job a lot easier. As you find this information out, post it under this thread.

PLEASE get it ALL together before posting, Don't make me piece postings together spread out all over the forum.

Once I have some good numbers I can make reservations.

IF ANYONE WANTS AN RV AT THE CAMPSITE let me know ASAP, there are only three. Chances are they'll go fast.

http://www.kentuckytourism.com/event...eunion-/17758/
    Last edited by LD39; 09-23-2014 at 05:59 AM.

elwood yelled at us so I decided to stop by and read the thread. It'll be me plus the mrs'.

I'm having a private blog put together for our reservations. Similar to the one we have for TX. It will take about 2 weeks to get but our prices are locked in. We'll be the only ones who can access it so if you plan on inviting non-members to go and you want them to stay with us, you'll have to make their reservation.

Here's what I reserved:

8 queen standard rooms $90
    4 king standard rooms $90
    5 queen suites $100
    3 king suites $100

(per night)

If one type of room fills up and we need more of them, let me know. We have until May 2015 to commit to the quantity of rooms so we can add or delete rooms without it costing more $$$.

Wait until I post the reservation link to make reservations. DON'T call the hotel and do it on your own, trust me, it will only confuse things. In the mean time, figure out your plans and post the head count chapter by chapter.

Road Devil's Member Brian_RDeurope's Avatar
    Texas chapter for worldrun:

Ted
    HighPockets
    Jeremy
    Josh+1
    Brian+1

Fish (90%sure)

Okay everyone, here is the reservation link for the 2015 Road Devils Reunion in Bowling Greene Kentucky.

http://www.countryinns.com/roaddevils

The reservation and rate discount is for:

June 17, 2015
    June 18, 2015
    June 19, 2015
    June 20, 2015

If you try to make a reservation for any other days then this the discount WILL NOT apply.

The cut-off date for this block of rooms is JUNE 3, 2015. That means you have some time to figure out your plans BUT as you all know, these events have a funny way of sneaking up on us. If you know your going and want a hotel room, make your reservation sooner then later. ALSO, there are a certain number of each type of room, some might be more popular then others, reserve what you want before they're gone. If we run out of a particular type of room I'll see if more can be made available to us.

EVERYONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN HOTEL RESERVATION.

For those campers out there, I'm currently talking with the camp ground to get us a big row/section of camp-sites just for us. (there goes the neighborhood). As soon as I have more info on that I'll update everyone. The campsite seems really cool and close to everything.

There you have it, get cracking!
    Last edited by LD39; 10-14-2014 at 05:07 AM.

thanks there hot stuff!!!
    ELWOOD
    a.k.a Chris Flynn