Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jingletown Special

The Jingletown Special

Most of you know I have been building a '29 Ford Phaeton.Its in the style of a banger powered,Pre-WW2 Dry Lakes car..Heres a photo.. Anyway,its been a little over a year off and on and today my NorCal Brother,Sean,came by and helped me get it started.It fired up,but needs some more work to smooth out the ruff spots.The air/fuel mixture screws were forgotten/missing after the carbs were rebuilt..Doh! Heres a short video of it "Firing up"...
    Last edited by Skillbilly; 07-27-2013 at 11:23 PM.

Woo Hoo!!

Congratulations Ed! Love the fireworks

Saw the video this morning. Congrats Ed! Sounds good, but I think the flame throwers go on your tailpipes... It looks really good though.

Chitty-chitty bang-bang! That little monster was barkin', and just so you all know that is just the stock exhaust manifold about 5 inches from my hand shooting out fire. Once we take care of the idle circuit on the carbs that little fella is gonna purr like a kitten.

Oh and Ed, I figured out the run on problem after shut down. We'll take care of all that next time. Then we'll drive it around the block!

It was a good fucking time waking up that little old lion.

Quote Originally Posted by flynpig View Post
    Chitty-chitty bang-bang! That little monster was barkin', and just so you all know that is just the stock exhaust manifold about 5 inches from my hand shooting out fire. Once we take care of the idle circuit on the carbs that little fella is gonna purr like a kitten.

Oh and Ed, I figured out the run on problem after shut down. We'll take care of all that next time. Then we'll drive it around the block!

It was a good fucking time waking up that little old lion.
    I can't wait to putt around the block in this thing..I'm gonna head down to All Ford on Monday to pick up the carb screws and a new sediment bowl(one that doesnt leak!)...Hopefully we can get it to idle and not shoot flames..
    =================================================
    President-Road Devils CC Nor-Cal Chapter

But flames are what it's all about! I should have some time next weekend if you want to work it out then.

Vic Hubbard has the screws,so i'll pick them up tomorrow and toss them in..See what happens

Remember, gently bottom the screws out then 1 and a half turns out. See how that goes, if it won't idle turn them out half turns at a time until it does. Turn them all the same at the same time.

Will do..i'll let you know what happens.I also have to move that hose down before I do anything else and fill the radiator back up.Already changed out that ground cable that was too big..

Awesome Ed. Glad to hear its almost ready to roll.
    President
    Boston Chapter
    Road Devils CC