Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2015 WORLD WIDE road devils get together

Road Devil's National Officer LD39's Avatar
    Today OHIO had our meeting and a few things came up regarding the World Run. We're going to sort out this tent and catering idea as soon as possible. It would be a really good thing if at least one night, probably Friday, we don't have to ALL drive somewhere to eat, it'll also be nice to have a home base for everyone at the show. All the more reason to make sure you PAY YOUR DUES of $40.00 and get them to Patrick.

If you plan on driving your hot rod, please post this. I need to let the campground know how much room we'll need and I want all our club cars together in one spot. We'll also need room for individual tents and the big tent.

Assuming we have a catered dinner at the campsite Friday night, I'd like to hold a meet and greet and an award ceremony for certain individuals. If you have potential nominees within your chapters that have earned honorable mention of some sort, please contact Patrick with that information. Everyone can't be everywhere so please help fill in the blanks.

Another idea that came up was a world-wide white elephant gift exchange. If everyone brought one gift of there choice to the reunion, we can exchange them at the dinner and everyone goes home with something. This doesn't have to be car related. Maybe something that can only be gotten from your hood...

I have an idea for a support shirt. I know there are some incredible photographers in the club (Christian, Brian). We'll need 2 cameras for it to happen and possibly a remote control for the shutter. If you guys or anyone else can make that happen it will be great.

Finally one last thing. There will be approximately 100 of us getting together for this. This will be a gathering for the history books. Everyone attending should and will have an amazing time. With this many of us coming together, shit'll get crazy, which I'm all for. What we all should keep in mind though, here and everywhere, each of us is a representation of the ENTIRE club. If one person does something inappropriate it reflects on all of us. This is definitely a family event and I know that a lot of members will have spouse's and children with them. Lets all please try and be respectful of this.
    Last edited by LD39; 02-08-2015 at 05:15 PM.
    National Vice President ROAD DEVILS C.C. OHIO

2015 WORLD WIDE road devils get together

I'm back on the road with the Detroit boys heading into Ohio as I type this.Flying into Detroit from SF was the best idea.Driving in a line of Road Devils from across the country was an unbelievable feeling.After an amazing couple of days around the show,drags and the soon to be legendary parking lot partys,I'm still sorry it has come to a close.
    The people I met this weekend for the first time,along with the familiar faces was overwhelming at times.Sitting in that tent with 50+ other members was the high point for me..To know that everyone in there conciders each other as family is the best feeling in the world...

See you all in California in 2017!

Last edited by Brujo29; 06-21-2015 at 11:35 AM.
    =================================================
    President-Road Devils CC Nor-Cal Chapter

I'm riding shot gun this year so riding back up north now in Johnny's thunderbird I have time to reflect on the event For me as well this was a great world run with on a few small speed bumps. But every year we learn something new on how to improve these runs. With out all of you that traveled out to this show it would have been just an empty field. Great things happened this weekend. I have an advantage that a lot don't I get to stand in the middle of this storm and watch it spin around me. It's amazing to see people that have never met from other sides of the world with a bond by the end of the weekend so thick that it can't be broken. I watched guys help each other with cars that has problems , No one wanted to leave.
    As ed said being in the tent as a family and a meal as a family was a great thing. Looking at all out your faces looking as us as we babble will choke up anyone. As you saw. I love all of you you have made this into something amazing I see great things on the horizon.

The next world run is headed west in two years. Pm or send your ideas to L.D.

Sent from my iPhone using smoke and mirrors
    Last edited by Patrick; 06-23-2015 at 06:33 AM.

Road Devil's National Officer LD39's Avatar
    This weekend has been a reminder to me once again just how devoted the members of this club are. Everyone who was able to attend the second world run reunion walked away with somethoing so special. New bonds were made, old friends reunited, amazing times were shared and we were able to sit down together as one big family.

It was an honor to be able to put this together for all of you. I am a PROUD member of the Road Devils C.C. and will continue to do what I do. When I think of all the little moments that made this weekend incredible from standing on the fence with brothers from Switzerland and Germany watching top fuel passes down the 1/4, sipping hand made, small batch scotch with my people, drinking out of flabongo's at an epic campsite the size of a football field and eating together with everyone who attended at one time, I realize exactley why I do this. Family needs to be together!

It's not always easy for everyone to do do this. The trip can be a challenge. The distance traveled sometimes seems overwhelming. However, when you look at the picture Ed posted, all that becomes trivial.

THANK YOU ALL!

P.S.

To whomever has the group shots of us in the field from the front and back, please e-mail them to me.

farmfabrication@gmail.com
    Last edited by LD39; 06-22-2015 at 12:02 PM.
    National Vice President ROAD DEVILS C.C. OHIO

Quote Originally Posted by LD39 View Post
    This weekend has been a reminder to me once again just how devoted the members of this club are. Everyone who was able to attend the second world run reunion walked away with somethoing so special. New bonds were made, old friends reunited, amazing times were shared and we were able to sit down together as one big family.

It was an honor to be able to put this together for all of you. I am a PROUD member of the Road Devils C.C. and will continue to do what I do. When I think of all the little moments that made this weekend incredible from standing on the fence with brothers from Switzerland and Germany watching top fuel passes down the 1/4, sipping hand made, small batch scotch with my people, drinking out of flabongo's at an epic campsite the size of a football field and eating together with everyone who attended at one time, I realize exactley why I do this. Family needs to be together!

It's not always easy for everyone to do do this. The trip can be a challenge. The distance traveled sometimes seems overwhelming. However, when you look at the picture Ed posted, all that becomes trivial.

THANK YOU ALL!

P.S.

To whomever has the group shots of us in the field from the front and back, please e-mail them to me.

farmfabrication@gmail.com
    Amen brother! It was truly an awesome weekend. It was great to be able to meet those who we only know though the internet. Not to mention reunite with those who we haven't seen in years. What a family! I'm proud and honored to be a part of this.

Once again, thank you Dave for all that you did to make this World Run a huge success. We all got to reap the benefits of you hard work and planning. Thank you brother, thank you! Here's looking forward to many more.
    Jack
    Treasurer
    Pennsylvania Chapter

Road Devil's Member
    there is not much left to say that hasnt already been said ...the first worldrun was great and this one was even better! it was great to see everybody again and some for the first time! i would like thank everybody for the great award you gave me! that ment a lot to me!
    now i m still sorting out the pics of this amazing trip ( i took over 1000) and am already looking forward to 2017 (and earlier)

It's been said..... i 100% agree. This is one hell of a family we have im proud to be a member. RDFL
    Jeremy Wilks
    RDCC
    Texas Chapter