Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flying Goose AV8

More updates. Almost there!
    Boogers. Lol. Passed the BFH test.

Got it down about 3Ē

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut the fan off because it was hitting the lower radiator inlets.

And as of last night, it is beginning to look like a car again.

Gotta be ready for GNRS!!!

Looks great Brother! What are you going to do for the fan? Would a generator mounted fan clear?I didn’t have the room for one,but it looks much cleaner than the stock fan(and deletes the second belt)..I had to run an electric fan(yuck) because i couldn’t run a stock hood if i had to move the radiator foward to clear a mechanical fan.

Keep up the good work..See you and that beauty at the end of the month :)
    =================================================
    President-Road Devils CC Nor-Cal Chapter

For now Iíll run an electric fan. I donít have a temp gauge or sensor so I will just have to turn it on when I drive it until I can find one. The upper hoses would hit a genny mounted fan so I may be kind of stuck. Perhaps I can find a smaller fan to run off the belts, but then I would have as much air flowing. Just have to drive it and find out.

I set mine up with a toggle so i can run it constant.i’m doing mine as a pusher so hopefully it cools well enough
    =================================================
    President-Road Devils CC Nor-Cal Chapter

That's what I planned to do as well. Basically fire it up, let it warm for a minute then flip on the fan. Should stay cool enough to get me around for a bit.

Road Devil's Member
    In a collection of old Hop Up Magazines I recently read that most Hot Rods in the early 50ies were running without any fans and all (and most of them even with full hood). But I guess that's not really an option in today's California traffic situation ;-)

It would probably be fine in the cooler temps of winter but during summer it would only be good for about a 1/4 mile at a time. :) It looks cool with no fan but I think it would be best to have one. I am thinking of building a fan shroud to somewhat hide the electric one.

Quote Originally Posted by Walshey View Post
    It would probably be fine in the cooler temps of winter but during summer it would only be good for about a 1/4 mile at a time. :) It looks cool with no fan but I think it would be best to have one. I am thinking of building a fan shroud to somewhat hide the electric one.
    First of the car looks great Kevin. Keep up the good work.

I don't know how you guys feel about it but I have been running a Haynes electric fan and an electric fan relay on the Plymouth. I have tried the thermo sensor as well as the temp probe.

I like the temp probe better since it is more accurate in the radiator as I could not install the sensor in the cylinder head (without drilling and tapping the head); As long as it is closest to the inlet to the rad from the thermostat. That is all dependant on whether your motor is standard or reverse flow on the water pump. Sorry that is getting off track.

Point is, once it is wired in you can set the temp using a heat gun as to when the relay switches the fan on. It's a great setup when installed correct, but it definitely isn't the ideal way if your going traditional. Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    President
    Boston Chapter
    Road Devils CC

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    First of the car looks great Kevin. Keep up the good work.

I don't know how you guys feel about it but I have been running a Haynes electric fan and an electric fan relay on the Plymouth. I have tried the thermo sensor as well as the temp probe.

I like the temp probe better since it is more accurate in the radiator as I could not install the sensor in the cylinder head (without drilling and tapping the head); As long as it is closest to the inlet to the rad from the thermostat. That is all dependant on whether your motor is standard or reverse flow on the water pump. Sorry that is getting off track.

Point is, once it is wired in you can set the temp using a heat gun as to when the relay switches the fan on. It's a great setup when installed correct, but it definitely isn't the ideal way if your going traditional. Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Iíll look into one of those. Thanks for the kind words! Looks like Iím down to the wire this year and will have to temporarily run it to a switch. Eventually Iíd like to figure out a way to get the old mechanical belt driven fan to fit. Until then, just getting it finished it priority #1. Only a little more than a week away!! Fuuuuudge