Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Computer smart people help us out!!

Thread: Computer smart people help us out!!

Computer smart people help us out!!

My idea, if someone chooses to accept it. LD started a map at Lone Star about where we all traveled from to get to the event. so it got me to thinking, I was wondering if there was a way to make a digital map that showed all the locations of all us crazy kids out there (our cities and chapters) that we might be able to put up on the forum/ website. I dont know if we could hyperlink the area with say like a fb page or something to help get people in touch with people? maybe i could make it and become a billionaire like the dudes from fb.

The biggest reason is we have soooooo many dudes all spread out over the world, most of us dont know where each other live... or who is in the area. That way when you go on a trip you can maybe get a free pad to crash at!! just a thought...

what say you??
    ELWOOD
    a.k.a Chris Flynn

Theres a bunch of online applications that you can use....

http://pininthemap.com/

This is one of many, but I suck at computerizing shit, so Eric may be a better person

Pretty sure there is a plugin for the forum that would map out where all members were. That would of course be dependent on everyone putting in their info.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillbilly View Post
    Pretty sure there is a plugin for the forum that would map out where all members were. That would of course be dependent on everyone putting in their info.
    skills, where is the plugin? or how can i activate it?
    ELWOOD
    a.k.a Chris Flynn

Not in there. Looking for one.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...t=244236skills did you look into this one?but we have to use GeoIP also